STAY IN POST-PLAZA HOTEL, SLEEP WELL!
We've thought about every single little detail, from bed light to pillow and from power outlet to television. Our hotel rooms have the best beds, a fantastic rain shower head and wifi. In our opinion, these are the most important things! Our guests don't stay at Post-Plaza just to get some sleep, they come here to be able to experience and explore Leeuwarden. You wouldn't want to stay in your room in a city hotel. This goes double for those who have seen the Grand Café. That is why we have hidden the 42-inch TV's in antique closets in most rooms. We've also decided against placing minibars in these rooms.
Choose from six different room types. No two rooms are identical, mostly because our rooms are situated in two buildings with a protected National heritage status. This makes it so that spending the night at Post-Plaza is always a surprise, even if you've been here before.
Post-Plaza is also the right choice when conducting business. Besides the good night's rest, you can find some much needed distraction and gezelligheid – an untranslatable Dutch word that comes closest to coziness.
What do you need to know?
- Speaking Frisian is allowed! Need some practice words? Bûter, brea en griene tsiis is goed Ingelsk en goed Frysk
- English is fine as well! In fact it is so closely related to Frisian you might just be able to understand the sentence above.
- Check-in starts at 15:00. There's no problem should you arrive earlier though, drop your luggage off at the reception if your room isn't ready yet and check out the Grand Café or start exploring the city.
- Check-out is until 11:00 on weekdays and until 12:00 on Saturday and Sunday but we understand if you'd like to stay just a little longer. Book a late check-out for €15.
- Stop by the VVV (Tourist information office) for a city map if you arrive in Leeuwarden by public transportation.
- Reserve a parking space at Post-Plaza (we only have limited options) if you're coming by car or park at parking garage Hoeksterend. Business hours and rates are found on the parkeergarages Leeuwarden website.
- We like to use an informal tone with our guests. Not to be disrespectful but because we genuinely believe it to be more friendly.
Ps, from the 1th of January 2018 the municipality of Leeuwarden set tourist tax and municipal tax. The amount is € 1,50 per person, per night. The amount will be added on the reservations value.